6 Dec 2006
GENEALOGY of the Optima Series
The Genealogy of the Optima family is a bit complex, so a little explanation is perhaps necessary...
1. The Optima: the original chain drive 4WD buggy. Aluminium ladder type chassis. Polycarbonate body.
2. The Javelin: Optima with a flashy orange roll cage body. New shock mounts allows optional Gold shocks.
3. The Celebration Gold Optima: essentially a standard Optima with a gold anodised chassis. celebrates the 100.000th unit sold, limited edition 10.000 units.
4. Turbo Optima: reinforced Optima for 8.4V power. Le Mans 240S motor included, Option House gold shocks, under guard, full ball raced.
5. Salute: Turbo Optima with a more futuristic body, without motor. 2 versions (red and blue)
6. Optima Pro 4WD: last chain driven Optima, ESC (Electronic Speed Controller) ready, without motor. undercowled body.
7. Optima Mid: belt drive model, midship motor (previously rear overhung) to improve weight balance, duralumin chassis. Le Mans 240ST motor.
8. Turbo Optima Mid: Optima Mid with full options (stabilizers, ball bearings, 2mm duralumin bronze anodised flatpan chassis, ESC ready)
9. Turbo Optima Mid SE: Turbo Optima Mid with Option House Platinum Shocks instead of Gold Shocks.
10. Turbo Optima Mid Special: long wheelbase version of the Mid, with saddle pack battery, carbon fiber chassis, limited edition (4 units sold per shop). Undercowled body.
11. Optima Mid Custom: long wheelbase, cheaper version (black dampers, duralumin chassis). Undercowled body.
12. Optima Mid Custom Special: long wheelbase, gold shocks, duralumin chassis, undercowled body, bullet type futuristic body. Last Optima.