2 Feb 2007

THE JAVELIN FAMILY


Today is a special day. 20 years ago, in 1987, I touched for the first time the box of my Javelin. I was hoping for several weeks that my uncle came back from Japan with the big orange box. It must have been a pain in the *** for him to travel in the trains, airport and plane with a luggage that huge... not to mention fragile! It caused my first love for the Javelin and even 20 years after, I can remember the precious instant when I discovered the beautiful box art after removing carefully the wrapping, my joy when I lift the cover off and discovered the superbly crafted shocks, tires, wheels under the blisters... aaaah sweet memories...
And yes, the Javelin was released in April 86 so this year we are celebrating its 21st anniversary...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find the purple cage or is it painted?
regards Chris rockthemonkees

Anonymous said...

well... it's probably painted :)