24 May 2007

My life BEFORE the Optima...



Here's a shot of my very first car... I was dreaming of cars like the Tamiya Frog, Kyosho Tomahawk, etc. but I was 13 and couldn't afford it, so my mother bought me a Tamiya Mini-4WD Ranger (unless it was a Toyota Pickup?!), probably the first generation of mini-4WD, so popular worldwide today. I loved this little machine but I wanted a car looking more like a buggy, so I managed to transform it into a "tomahawkesque" form...
You can see I was obsessed by working suspension, a thing mini 4WD didn't have, and I even succeeded to achieve double wishbone suspension for the front hub!!! :-D The rear being a simple coil over a swinging chassis, with a scotch tape as hinge... All the hinges are in tape btw, even the front suspension! I didn't have the tools to make bolt & screw technology, so everything is made with cardboard, glue (Bison Montagekit and Superglue-3), cotton bud and Bic pen for the shock damper, some wire for the rear spring and the shock axle, and tape.

No comments: