7 Jan 2010

Happy new year 2010!

Happy new year fellow optimaniacs!
It's a cold winterday today, and I decided to take pictures of my javelins in the snow for the first post of the year. My fingers are cold like ice after the shooting. brrrrrrrr!!!
I usually don't run in the snow so I'm not very cold weatherproof. Are you?
I don't know if you got nice gifts from Santa but I've got a surprising one this year.
3 years after the birth of this blog, I got a kind message from Akira Kogawa, the very designer of the Optima! It was very pleasant to get known by the father of all my preferred buggies. For those who missed the post about Akira Kogawa, please have a look here.
I've asked him if he had interesting stories to share with optimaniacs, time will tell, I'm keeping in touch!

4 comments:

Strider said...

How musch snow u got?
Inspire me to make my own cars in snow picture :p
We got over 1.5meters of snow here in Sweden.

optimaforever said...

actually not that much :D
if we got 15cm here in Brussels it's already a lot!

James said...

Hello, I just picked up an Optima Mid and in my search for parts i came across this site and VintageKyosho.com. I am so glad that even with how old this car is that it is still a very popular car. I am looking to restore the car back to working condition and i saw (on VintageKyosho.com) that you (i think) offered a new style frame/engine mount system ( http://blog.vintagekyosho.com/optima-build/optima-option-house-parts/). Is this available through you?

Any input you can give would be greatly aappriciated.

Thanks and i love the blog/site!

optimaforever said...

Hello James!
Which part are you talking about?
I only have some carbon shock stays.