28 May 2011

New Alu Shock collars for Optima?






Korea's Pargu is very active in the vintage kyosho field and it's always a pleasure to stumble upon a new item of his on ebay. This time it's the red shock collar for Optima, you know, the one that breaks easily when you overscrew it. He says it's handmade but what does it mean exactly? Just wondering... Anyway, it's way tougher than the originals, I guess, and if he succeeds to make some of them, it will probably be a huge win for him (and for us optimaniacs).
I don't post a link here but every optimaniac should know how to check it out :D

7 comments:

Paul Miller said...

I am looking for information on where to find parts for a Kyosho Gen 1 Ultima (1987).

Any information you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Paul

paulmiller@
writeme.com

Paul Miller said...

Where can I get these red alum shock collars? They look like they will fit my ultima.

I am looking for information on where to find parts for a Kyosho Gen 1 Ultima (1987).

Any information you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Paul

optimaforever said...

These are indeed the same as on the ultima 1st gen.
Just type "optima shock collars" in ebay prompt.

Alcyon said...

how can i contact you my friend, i just left my local hobby shop and found a peculiar optima mid, with a calsonic skyline body, with original arms but different shock towers at the back,and kyosho road tyres. its buggy wide and usues a saddle pack aluminium chassis with a ball diff in the rear. i took pictures of it and would you like to put it in your blog? i think its from 1994.

Alcyon said...

whats your email address ?

Theomorgan said...

Hi, I'm also trying to find these shock collars and am having no luck! Its the only thing stopping my Optima running, any ideas where to locate some would be much appreciated. Thanks Nic

Theomorgan said...

Hi, I'm looking for these shock collars to but have not had any luck. If anyone knows where to get them, it would be appreciated as its all thats stopping my Optima going! Thanks Nic